The Plastics Recycling World Expo will return to Germany
This event brings together professionals from across the plastics recycling industry for two days of networking, knowledge sharing and innovation. Your free ticket provides admission to the largest concentration of plastics recycling related exhibits
in Europe including access to the co-located events: Polymer Testing World Expo and Compounding World Expo. As well as 4 focused conference theatres – each with a busy two-day program of technical presentations, seminars,
industry debates and exclusive networking events.
EXPRA (Extended Producer Responsibility Alliance)
Joachim Quoden studied law at the “Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität” in Bonn between 1987 and 1992 and served his legal internship in Bonn and Cologne from 1993 until 1995.
In between these placements, he spent 4 months within the German Federal Ministry of Environment where he was working on packaging issues including the German Packaging Ordinance.
From February 1993 until June 2006 Mr Quoden worked for Der Grüne Punkt - Duales System Deutschland GmbH (DSD) in various capacities. From January 2001, he served as Head of International Affairs of DSD and was vested with general commercial power of representation in 2003.
In January 2001, he also became Secretary General of PRO EUROPE, the umbrella organisation of 35 packaging recovery organisations using the Green Dot trademark. Between April 2005 and February 2013, he was appointed as managing director of this organisation.
Since April 2013 he is appointed as managing director of EXPRA – Extended Producer Responsibility Alliance – Inspiring Packaging Recycling, an alliance of currently 26 non-profit packaging recovery organisations owned by obliged industry from 24 countries from Europe, Canada and Israel.
Besides this, he is working since June 1995 as independent German Lawyer specialized on international extended producer responsibility legislation. In addition to his work as Managing Director of EXPRA and being a German lawyer, he is inolved in the following positions and associations:
- since October 2013 he was appointed as chair of the ISWA Working Group Governance & Legal Issues and therefore member of ISWA’s Scientific & Technical Committee;
- member of the European Think Tank of the German waste association DGAW
- member of the European Commissions’ Expert Group "Support to Circular Economy Financing",
- Board member of the CEFLEX consortium (www.ceflex.org),
- member of the Advisory Board of the EPS SURE consortium (www.life-eps-sure.com),
- member of the Advisory Council of the Product Stewardship Institute (Boston)
- since 2000, member of the OECD expert group on EPR.
- He was also an expert of the ISO global standardisation project SIS/TK 165/AG 10 Packaging and Environment that has developed between 2009 and 2012 global standards on packaging optimisation, recycling, reuse and energy recovery.
He is a member of
- the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA), http://www.iswa.org
- the German lawyer’s association, http://anwaltverein.de/,
- the association of lawyers in Bonn, http://bonner.anwaltverein.de/start/start.html,
- the Product Stewardship Institute in Boston, US, http://www.productstewardship.us,
- German Association for waste management (DGAW), www.dgaw.de
- Clean Europe Network, http://www.cleaneuropenetwork.eu
- Körbe für Köln eV which is an NGO working in the inclusion of young people into society via sports, http://koerbe-fuer-koeln.de
Further details can be found here: http://www.quoden.com
- Global Masterbatch Market set to prosper despite the challenges ahead
- European mechanical plastics recycling exceeded 8 million tonnes in 2021 despite feedstock insecurities caused by Covid-19 slowdown
- AIMPLAS exhibit at Compounding World Expo again
- Plastics industry exhibitions make successful return to Essen
- Meet the new-look Benvic Group at Compounding World Expo
- NGC launched food contact approved compatibilizer